Meredith Damon braces on upper 2/6/17
- Damon Braces are the way to go! Get at least one evaluation with a Damon orthodontic specialist! This especially important in a crowding situation as early as possible, hopefully before age 7.
- Othodontists all give free evaluations up to the point where they would create a treatment plan and begin treatment. So, it’s really worth it to visit more than one orthodontist and get multiple opinions.
- It’s one of my missions in life that parents of young children all take their child at around age 6-1/2 to a free evaluation with a Damon braces orthodontist for FREE evaluation. There are easily problems that parents don’t know about.(1)
- Parents of young children, watch your child closely for mouth-breathing, daytime and nighttime. If a child does mouth breath, especially if there are any kind of breathing problem in sinuses (like allergies), please watch closely. Mouth breathing needs to be treated. If the tongue is not in the correct position (impossible in mouth breathing) the light, constant pressure of the tongue on the palate will not allow for correct growth and development!
- Early assessment allows for proper timing of treatment. You cannot go backward in time, but you can always wait for the right developmental time.
Questions? Please Reply below.
(1) I have 2 kids. Their mouths were both somewhat crowded. I had one treated with the conventional practices, non-Damon. I’m kicking myself for that one. The younger kid is in Damon Braces now. She had a problem only detectable on x-ray (and we also had a 3-D scan for $250 in order to determine if further action was required, other than waiting 6 months. The 3-D scan would help determine if the adult tooth root was being eroded by the other adult teeth that were out of alignment deep in the gum. This particular problem affects about 3% of the population. Without the Panoramic X-Ray (Panex, Pan-X) we wouldn’t have known or suspected (except that she was slow to loose some baby teeth, but not really unusually so–damage could have been done before we would have become adequately suspicious. It really does pay to visit the orthodontist for free, have your child monitored about every 6 months between ages 7-9, so you can catch these problems.