The trick to making a rich, creamy smoothie that a kid will love, is to use the fresh ingredients that comprise ice cream: egg yolk, vanilla, salt and something creamy. If you eat dairy, I’d add heavy cream. You can also use yogurt of whatever type you want, but vanilla yogurt makes it good.
OUR FAVORITE SMOOTHIE
by Rachel Ernst
YIELD: One (1) serving in 20 oz. Vitamix container.
If doubling, use the large blender container.
- 1/4 cup (65g) coconut milk (full fat canned) or (2 Tbsp hemp hearts + 2 Tbsp water)
- 3 oz unsweetened almond milk beverage or water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch salt
- Little drizzle of vanilla extract (1/4 tsp) or some vanilla bean powder
- Vitamin C powder
- 1 KAL stevia
- Chlorella/ spirulina
- 1 cup (115 – 123 grams) FROZEN Blend of dark berries: black, blue, and raspberries
If your berries are frozen, blend everything EXCEPT the berries. After that’s smooth, then add the berries and blend it smooth again.
Then blend in:
- 2 ice cubes, if desired to thicken it up and cut the density